Mirror, mirror on the Wall

Mirror, mirror on the wall... Who am I?

Saturday 11 April 2015

Memoirs of a Bridezilla: Thrifty Hubby

I wouldn't say I was much of a bridezilla but I guess there were some brief moments I yelled or something. I had no worries with planning my wedding because my sister is a wedding planner and she helped me for free, my hubby was also of tremendous help and took charge of many things. It was a stress free division of labour. I didn't want to be left out in all the fun (plus I had my own ideas) so I sorted out the venue, decor, cake, my dress (of course), the bridal party outfits and Aso Ebi . My ever active hubby took care of our wedding ride, drinks, rings, photo and video coverage, we were like the 3 musketeers for wedding planning! I must commend my husband because he was so on point, he was very good at cutting costs and slashing down prices! who would have thought you could bring a wedding cake down from 400k to 150k!


I wanted an all white theme with a bit of Teal and champagne and a touch of Emerald Green and Peach but mum had her own plans and added Orange and Lemon. sadly I could not debate it and just prayed hers wont clash with mine.
I chose 10 friends as bridesmaids  and wanted all of them to wear a particular style of dress. I got a tailor to sew it and made sure everyone took their measurements. They all promised to be cooperative, they even went for fitting on time, the dresses looked good and from that moment I was certain nothing could go wrong there.
My other friends were also of great help, they assisted in following up with planning and helped to make sure everything was in place, I couldn't think of anything that could go wrong because all hands were on deck and it looked like it would be a perfect day...
Till a week to the wedding...
One of my bridesmaids decided to opt out for no concrete reason! it was so annoying because I wanted 10 bridesmaids and it was going to be difficult to get someone to take her place. I cursed the babe ehn, luckily for me another friend of mine was ready to help and even paid for the outfit on time.
On the wedding day I got a beautiful surprise from my hubby, he rented a limo for our wedding car, it was so grand! I was so happy about it that I jumped out of my dad's jeep and ran into it!
The Mass was good and after it all I was on cloud 9! my bridesmaids looked lovely but the "new girl" altered her dress and I wanted everything the same. I just freed cos she came through when I needed a friend.
I was also a bit irritated about the hall decor, I guess because my hubby butchered her price quote she decided not to cover the ceiling fully like we discussed, I just had to make myself ignore it.


I wanted the DJ to play most of the time but one Ibo band just kept drowning the guy! I almost went to ask "how far you guys na", they were just killing the groove! the DJ I was even lobbying for  did something very interesting; as the reception was still going on he carried his leg to walk up to the stage to ask me, the bride for his balance! on the high table o! trust my hubby to take control, me I just eyed him and he got the message.

Apart from all that, the wedding went very well. I'm very grateful to my ever supportive family and friends, that's all you need at the end of the day to plan a successful wedding.


So you can see I wasn't much of a bridezilla :)

No comments:

Post a Comment