Mirror, mirror on the Wall

Mirror, mirror on the wall... Who am I?

Thursday 7 June 2012

Say a Prayer, Light a Candle




There’s a man, sitting on his desk. He’s looking through a couple of documents. One is a filed report on the names and conditions of several aircraft that fly to and from Nigeria. They read fine except one that reads a technical glitch in one of the aircraft. It was fixed and flew a couple of weeks ago however, it needs further repairs. He looks into it but thinks it’s not a problem; the plane can still fly so what the heck!





Thank God I’m going home, yesterday was just too hectic! Aunty can kill somebody sha, clear this, clear that, pick this, pick that! Its  okay! If not that Ijeoma is my person I wont have flown all the way to do slave work! Sigh, I’m so tired! The sun has drained my energy further but glad to be going home, back to flexible time, don’t need to get to any desk, dad would understand once I tell him how my Saturday went.
I’m going to rush in because I want to sit at my fave spot- by the window! Like to watch the plane rise and stare into space, it helps  gather my thoughts. As I triumphantly sit on my spot I see I beat a 5 year old to it. I feel like an agbaya but I’m pretty sure I need it more than her, besides where is she rushing to when her mother is behind me, she should sit with her and hope the man by the window switches seats.

Take off is quite smooth and I get excited feeling the pressure pull upwards. I watch the ground shrink and people become ants, I like the look of buildings like doll houses, it looks like you could pick them and make a city of your own… I wonder how Anne city would be… hmm… definitely no 9-5 jobs! Thinking of work makes me want to sleep and now the clouds have helped looking like soft white pillows swaying in the breeze.

*yawn* I miss home, even if its just one weekend. I know I have something to do first though, apologise to Jay for burning her dress. Even though I didn’t do it on purpose I shouldn’t have said  she was materialistic for getting angry and shouting at me. Have to finish that proposal I lied I had finished, he wont be happy if he finds out, something he gave me two weeks ago! Chai I’m lazy o! will try this week, dad’s business depends on it.

Hmm… Tee owes me gist! That missed call pained me ehn! That her boyfriend that has proposed after how many years! Ole! Lazy boy! Since she has been waiting! At least he has now. Maybe he was getting himself together sha, he’s a nice person. Just glad he’s finally asked… *yawn* at least the wedding bells will soon…start…zzzzzzzzzzz

GBOOOOOOM!!!!!! 

Ha! What was that? Where are we now sef? This looks like Lagos? I slept too much o! not a fan of sleeping on planes and what was that sound?
Ah! Is this plane jerking? This isn’t funny o! or am I dreaming? Whats going on? Whats this announcement? “excuse me sir, whats happening?” “ I don’t know o! even me I’m wondering, the hostesses aren’t saying anything, they're just telling us to keep calm that we’re almost in Lagos”


GBAM!!!!



Ah! We’re moving too fast o! my heart is beating! Whats going on! People are fretting, one woman is shouting, those children are crying! I’m afraid to look out the window!

WE’RE DIVING!!! AAAAHHH!!!!

God please! Not now I beg you! My sister is unhappy with me! I dint hug her! I didn’t Say goodbye! I need to tell her I love her! My mum, my dad! Please God, Please please! Why me! Why now? Why this plane!

WE’RE SPEEDING, WE’RE BENDING OOOO
*sobs* Jesus please have mercy! See these children! See that woman screaming! The pain she must feel watching her babies scream! See that young girl! She’s crying!!! See me! I’m still young Lord! Too much to accomplish! My family they need me! Our families need us Lord! I’m sorry for my sins! Can’t find my rosary! This plane is going to crash! We’re helpless Lord! We’re helpless! We’re dangling on our seats! Some have fallen to the front! If we crash we are finished! If we crash Lord, Please! We’re finished! Please save us please!!!!

PLEEEEEAAASEEE LORRD PLEASEEE LORD PLEEEEEAAAAASSEEEE
LORD HAVE MERCY!!!!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHH…………….





The aviation officer on a sofa in his house. He just got paid and is planning his next holiday. He’s thinking, maybe London? America? Italy?
Which airline? Hmm…
definitely this one. I trust them. its safe!






O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven especially those who are in most need of thy mercy.








2 comments:

  1. May the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

    Good post. Very touching. Resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece...

    May all their souls rest in peace

    ReplyDelete