Mirror, mirror on the Wall

Mirror, mirror on the wall... Who am I?

Saturday 16 April 2011

Blasted Immigrants!!!

I haven't really been  a fan of politics but being exposed to BBC almost every second has made me a bit knowledgeable. Nigerian politics is another interesting topic with elections almost over and politicians trying very hard to win votes ranging from crying on air to getting Dbanj to campaign for them. I do hope the right person would be elected, its about time we had someone who is genuinely interested in improving the state of the country, Now lets get back to British politics!
Before I knew anything about the conservatives I actually liked them because I'm quite conservative myself; believe in having values, principles and stuff however it doesn't mean the same thing. A very interesting issue caught my attention yesterday about the cutting down of student visas and controlling the number of immigrants who enter the country. David Cameron gave a very convincing speech on the reasons why this needs to be done, citizens were also interviewed and most complained that the 'immigrants' were taking all their jobs! Pause.... doesn't job require skills? I truly believe if a Briton has the skills a company is looking for he/she would definitely (at least in most cases) be hired. In my opinion there is a higher chance of them getting good jobs than the 'immigrants and from what I've observed, it seems like many young Britons don't like the idea of education, probably most prefer 'all play' and no work because the country has done 'everything' for them. Imagine I could get a free house and some money every month  without having to work! all I need to do is get pregnant at age 16 and I'm covered! Pause.... does this encourage any teen to work? I agree its a nice idea but I think its one of the reasons why many adolescents drop out of school. these young people already have it at the back of their minds that the government would take care of them so why should they stress themselves? they can do whatever they want! even down to taking responsibility for actions they are spoiled silly! a girl gets pregnant and she is freely given an abortion pill! as easy as that! so with all these how does one expect them to think about intellectual things or further their education to acquire skills? although I have met a few who are very hardworking and disciplined but that was because they chose to do something about their lives. Possibly most adolescents today want the easy way out, either become an artist or soccer player, they forget it still requires skill and not everyone has these talents which brings me back to the reason why 'immigrants' are 'taking' all their jobs.
I understand that immigration has a huge impact on population density but I do not believe it is the major problem Britain is facing. Now comes the issue of  terrorist wannabes, sham marriages and crime rates. this might be another reason why he feels it so important to cut down on immigration, like he rightly said "good immigration not mass immigration" the thing is not every Black man is a terrorist or a crook or  a criminal!!! I truly hope people would understand this one day, each black person should be seen as an individual and not a product of another's crime! I truly hope racism isn't rearing its ugly head again! the reason why I say this is because I don't think its civilised to label people based on the bad things others have done, I would not perceive every white man I see a paedophile or a psychopath so why cant I apply for a visa or job without someone raising an eyebrow because of my skin colour?
the truth is I believe Britain is blessed with good development, skills and technology one could learn but most of all  I think one could learn these skills and go back to implement them in their home country and as a result, we develop ours to their standard and reduce the number of immigrants, then it becomes a win-win situation.

2 comments: