Mirror, mirror on the Wall

Mirror, mirror on the wall... Who am I?

Tuesday 14 December 2010

I am a WOMAN!

Every now and then when I drive through people stare at me, why? because its "amusing" to see a small girl drive a big car. Some police officers even try to take advantage of that then I show them my complete papers with an "in your face!" kind of look.
I can go on and on about how women are mistreated in society but I believe most of us know how from domestic abuse to non verbal abuse. I agree women are not meant to be treated like dogs, its not right!!! we are higher and better than that! we are very wonderful species of the human race and we deserve our dignity and respect!!!
I would love to agree with some feminists today ( I can say I'm a bit of a feminist myself) but I think we misunderstand the word FEMININITY.
 I believe femininity is not aggressive, it is calm yet volatile.... it rules with gentleness and fervour. It is a very rare gift we women possess. I don't believe we have to prove our worth through aggressive means, we don't have to be violent to show we are women and have rights too. I don't believe we have to be vulgar to prove to men what we are worth. In life man and woman have the roles they are meant to play, whether we agree or not there are some roles better played by women than men and some roles better played by men than women. A single father can only try his best to play the role of a mother but in most cases it is never the same. Most times children are who they are later in life because of their mother. the woman has the gift of intuition, she can sense when there is something wrong with her husband or children, she knows when everything is not okay and when everything is. She is the only one who can keep her home or marriage from falling apart when there are hard times and that is some power!
women are emotionally stronger than men. I say this because it is only a woman that can carry a human being in her belly for nine months, go to work, come home, wash, clean, cook, pick her kids from school, wait till her husband comes home from work, sleep at odd hours because she is waiting for him, find out he is cheating on her with his secretary and still stay in the marriage because of her children ONLY A WOMAN!
 So I say we don't need to preach equality to prove our worth, if we want to talk about that let us refer to the bible and how things have always been for centuries. Women have their place in this world, without us in those places the world will either get worse or seize to exist.

2 comments:

  1. In some cases, preaching is needed. u'll be amazed at d sort of views some men have abt women simply bcos dey have neva been made to undastand gender eqality. i believe gender eqaulity is a problem and the ist way so start solvin a problem is to talk about it, and den act. but then in d world that we live in if a woman trys 2 speak out, she is labeled angry. look at the bashing chimamanda got from the guys for her recent write up. does that mean she will stop, i guess no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she shouldnt stop but wether we women like it or not we cannot be men! we should speak out.. yes! but we should not try to prove we are better than men.

    ReplyDelete