Mirror, mirror on the Wall

Mirror, mirror on the wall... Who am I?

Saturday 22 January 2011

6,500 and a bottle of Wine

Sometimes when I drive through and I see police men or any federal officer I am moved to pity. The reason is because most of these officers due to lack of poverty look for ways to extort money from innocent civilians because they are not paid properly by the government. I will give you an example. my brother, my friend and I were on our way to do some charity work during Christmas. apparently I almost ran a red light...pause.... I am not trying to justify myself  but let me explain what I mean here. we were in traffic and the light showed green! I moved the moment before the light turned red and so at the time the light turned red I was already on the move. before I could get to my destination two lasthma officials had already jumped on okada and followed me. I did not even know till they stopped right in front of me. They jumped into the car and started ranting and raving about how I ran a red light, they also complained about the jeep that was in front of me and how he broke the traffic rule (take note they did not go after the jeep oh!) anyways long story short they asked me for money and also took the bottle of wine that was part of the gifts we were to give to charity.  it was such a relief when these two men jumped out of the car but it made me think. they practically forced us to give them money! they looked into our bags and told us to bring all the money we had! they were ready to drain us all in the name of "fine" if it was really a fine why didn't they forcefully take us to their headquarters? instead we were told to park at a corner, doesn't this sound like robbery?
I guess the reason for this is most of these officers are not paid well so they feel they have to force people to bribe them or they have to stylishly steal from people. also they are envious of people they see driving cars especially if it is young people. This is also how some civil servants behave in school. due to envy or jealousy they shout at students and are ready to give them a hard time. It is sad because the frustration from these people are quite contagious and make one scared to even become a civil servant! anyway the moral of the story is:
1. LOCK your doors at all times ( I should have done that). there is no law that says these people have a right to enter your car! whatever they want to discuss they can do so outside your car.
2. OBEY traffic/civic rules so that they would not have an excuse to steal from you.
3. Make sure your car papers are complete and up to date for the same reason as the one above
4. Hide some money! they must not have it all!!! ( my friend was sharp enough! she hid 4,500!)

1 comment:

  1. These people are rogues and should not use their powers to steal from people. Pity shame does not come to play here as they are undoubtedly the scum of the earth without any decorum whatsoever

    ReplyDelete