Mirror, mirror on the Wall

Mirror, mirror on the wall... Who am I?

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Hello... I want to play a game

The sick yet amusing phrase "hello.... I want to play a game" gives me shivers and also excitement!

At a point in time I was afraid to watch Saw even if I enjoy watching horrors and thrillers, then recently I summed up the courage and started a popcorn living room Saw night with my siblings and friends. It has been very entertaining so far and funny enough It does have some form of philosophy behind it.
The torture and death of Jigsaw's victims are (according to my sister) sick and twisted, actually I agree but there is also some form of intelligence in them. the character is a very clever fellow and this can be seen in the sophisticated torture instruments

This Doll is so annoying!
The movie as twisted as it might seem does make a few points;

Yeah, be grateful for the life you have, the caring and supporting family you live with (even if you don't have everything you hoped for) or the large bowl of rice you get to eat (even if you wish you had spare ribs more often) or the flat you live in (even if you wish for a mansion). It beats being tied to a metal pole in a smelly bathroom with a tape which says "play me"

Yeah to err is human, to forgive is divine (Alex's quote). It can be extremely hard to forgive but I guess its good to seek divine assistance in that area or you might end up losing yourself in malice and vengeance or worse losing life and happiness. Besides it beats your head being fixed into a heavy metal trap with an unconscious man beside you and a tape which reads "play me"

Just finished the third part and I think it was brilliant! hope the others make sense (think they should stop at the 7th though)

All in all, be grateful for life or you might just find yourself somewhere with a tape  which says "play me"

No comments:

Post a Comment